Sharp pain on left head. Prescribed with medicine and injection. Getting back pain. What is the problem?

Jan 2013

Dr., my wife had heavy work in Garden and in kitchen on 13.3.13. On that day night she had a sharp pain on her left fore head while we were in bed. Then her two legs become numb and she could not walk. I gave her water and let her to take rest the entire night. Next day morning she could walk little.and she lost her original walk. The we consulted my relative dr. and had medicine. But next day the numbness at bottom of left leg got reduced. Next day she could walk better and we went to our family dr. MD. He prescribed one health injection and some medicine. My wife could not recover full. Today we went to Ortho Dr. He suggests Neuro Dr. and didn't prescribed any medicine. And except here I never told anybody that this has happened because of Sex, What to do? Which Dr. should I consult. Today my wife again had the same pain at Left side fore head while climbing the stair case. Pl. advice. Is there anything serious. The same problem happened in Feb 2010 while she was doing heavy work in kitchen to serve her 15 nos. of relatives. That time we admitted mid night in nearby hospital. and after some injection and 2 hrs. rest she was asked to go home. Next day we visited Ortho Dr. Nothing could find. But my wife is weak and most of the time she suffer from back pain if she stand in kitchen very long hours. What is the actual problem. Is she need any full body check up. If so where nto consult. My wife weight is 60kg But my weight is 100kg. This problem never happened in the past while we were in bed. Pl advice. Thank you.
Posted Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 17 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Let me know the associated symptoms along with mentioned.
Does she has recurrent vomiting, disturbance in speech?
Is there any disorientation in consciousness?
What is her blood pressure?
Is she using any oral contraceptive pills?

With the available described history, there is high chances of stroke or cerebrovascular accidents (CVA).
Presence of headache, weakness in lower limbs and partial improvement suggests the diagnosis.
As such there is no correlation between sex and present symptoms.

Strokes are of two types: Infarct and hemorrhages.
Infarct is due to blockage of blood vessels or hemorrhage is due to burst of blood vessels.
Hemorrhagic strokes are more XXXXXXX as compared to infarct.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ neurologist and should go for thorough check up.
She should go for complete blood count, blood sugar level, lipid profile, renal function test and CT/ MRI scan of brain.
Hemorrhagic and infarct strokes have entirely different treatment.

Her condition must be considered as serious and you must consult with doctor.

Hope that helps.
Let me know your other query.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava