Shakiness, grumpiness, nausea unless eating something immediately

Hi, I have been having lately is very bad shakiness. Usually an hour or so after I get up I get real shaky and grumpy and nausous if I don't eat something right away. Well I'll eat breakfast like a breakfast cereal bar but it takes awhile for the shaky feeling and nasea to go away.
Posted Sun, 16 Sep 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 2 hours later
Hello there,

Thanks for writing in.

You might be having an episode of hypoglycemia(low blood sugar levels) or acidity.

Are you diabetic? I would advise you to get your blood sugar levels(fasting and post prandial levels) checked.

Another thing you could do is, not to wait till you reach the point of shakiness. Eat something within 15 minutes after waking up. Also , have a healthy breakfast. Cereal bar is ok. But try to have it with milk ,eggs, toast etc.

I hope I have answered your queries .I will be happy to answer any further queries you might have.

In case you don't have any further queries, please accept my answer. Any reviews are welcome.

Have a great day.

Dr.Divya Kuttikrishnan