Sexual activity with a partner who hasn't had sex for a long time. Will it be painful?

Question
I recently tried intercourse with a partner who had not had any sexual activity for 20 years . what kind of pain should she have.
Should this be difficult for us.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Having intercourse who has not ha sex in last 20 years is likely to be painful initially. Such females in some cases need time to adjust emotionally as well as for sexual enjoyment and satisfaction.
First I would like to reassure you on this. Do not be disheartened.
Most of the times, there is a simple solution to this problem.
I would like to advice you to talk to her regarding this and it is your responsibility to make her comfortable during intercourse.
A good amount of fore play alongwith using lubricant like K.Y.jelly may help you.
Pain will disappear after some time, as after regular sex vagina becomes loose.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.