Severe stomach pain, back pain and vomiting. Noticed red blotches on face. Looking for solution

I woke up last night with severe stomach pain. Proceeded to vomit and this continued for about an hour. I was able to go back to bed and woke up with red blotches on my face. The stomach pain was unlike anything I have ever felt. The vomitting was very painful also and didn't produce much vomit. Also had significant pain in my lower back.
Posted Mon, 30 Jul 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.
 Many different conditions can cause abdominal pain. The key is to know when you need to get immediate medical care. 

Less serious causes of abdominal pain include:
Food allergies or intolerance (such as lactose intolerance)
Food poisoning
Stomach flu

Other possible causes include:
Bowel blockage or obstruction
Cholecystitis (inflammation of the gallbladder) with or without gallstones
Heartburn, indigestion, or gastroesophageal reflux (GERD)
Inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis)
Kidney stones
Pancreatitis (swelling or infection of the pancreas)

abdominal pain may be due from a problem somewhere else in your body, such as your chest or pelvic area. For example, you may have abdominal pain if you have:

Heart attack
Muscle strain

If you have mild abdominal pain, the following tips might be helpful:

Sip water or other clear fluids.
Avoid solid food for the first few hours.
If you have been vomiting, wait 6 hours, and then eat small amounts of mild foods such as rice, applesauce, or crackers. Avoid dairy products.
If the pain is high up in your abdomen and occurs after meals, antacids may help, especially if you feel heartburn or indigestion. Avoid citrus, high-fat foods, fried or greasy foods, tomato products, caffeine, alcohol, and carbonated beverages.
May take some OTC antispasmodic medicine.

However if your symptoms are severe and continue,then you must consult your doctor or go to ER for the proper examination and investigations.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck