Severe pain in arms and shoulders after drinking heavily. Any cure?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I drank heavily last night and was woken by terrible pain in both my arms from the shoulders down, I had to sit up against the bed head to try and get comfy the pain isnt going away
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sathyadharan Panneer 3 hours later

Thanks for writing in,

May be you would have slept in some awkward posture or in chair. This might have resulted in muscle spasm around your neck and shoulders. A course of muscle-relaxants and NSAID's will decrease your pain and make you comfortable. Give hot water fomentation around painful area. Avoid pillows and lifting weights for a week. You should be fine.

Get well soon.