Severe low back pain, massive headaches, take 19-23 tyleno at night to sleep . Any bad effects ?

ENT Specialist
I am concerned and maybe a little bit worried right now, I take 19-23 tyleno pm at night to sleep, i have been taking pms every night to sleep since 03. I am 25 years old and I am just wondering how the hell I have not gotten sick at all, my lower back has been killing me for months, when i take the sleeping pills, they dont work, and i cant seem to remember anything that i had though about ten seconds eariler, i also find myself not being able to talk out loud when I take the pills, also from the end of my rib cage to about 2 inches above my belly button, i can not ever seem to be full, i do from time to time, get really dizzy the day after, and if i dont have at least 19 pills at night, i feel as if im withdrawing, and i hurt all over ...i get massive migraines all the time, and my vision is horrible, i get blurred vision most of the time, and i dont know how to put this, but most days its more like i have random lines and funky stuf going thru my eyes that i can see...
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 5 hours later

Thank you for your query.

1. Kindly seek professional help for rehabilitation immediately as you have developed dependency on Tylenol PM which contains Acetaminophen (Paracetamol) and Diphenhydramine as the main ingredients.

2. Acetaminophen (paracetamol) has cumulative liver toxicity, abdominal discomfort and dizziness. Diphenhydramine is causing the blurring of your vision and lack of ability to focus your vision.

3. Tylenol PM also contains Benzyl Alcohol, Black Iron Oxide, Butylparaben, Carboxymethyl Cellulose Sodium, Crospovidone, D&C red #28, Edetate Calcium Disodium, FD&C Blue#1, FD&C Red#40, Gelatin, Hypromellose, Magnesium Stearate, Methylparaben, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Polyethylene Glycol, Polysorbate 80, Powdered Cellulose, Pregelatinized Starch, Propylene Glycol, Propylparaben, Red Iron Oxide, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Propionate, Sodium Starch Glycolate, Titanium Dioxide and Yellow Iron Oxide.

4. Your migraines are paradoxical effects of intermittent withdrawal.

5. You may also require to test blood levels of the drugs in your system and routine blood tests including liver and kidney function tests to evaluate the long term effects of the Tylenol PM on these organ systems.

6. Kindly let me know your progress. Since you are young, your body is absorbing most of the the side effects. However, please understand that such high doses are extremely toxic and may be fatal.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.