Severe elbow pain post moving heavy object. History of fracture few years back. What can be done?

seriously? I have an MD online that fast? wow ok, I broke my left elbow two yrs ago. it healed after a long time and was fine. then 5 weeks ago I was moving a highchair, felt a sharp pain and my elbow hurts worse now that it did when I got that chip fx. The pain is awful, and NSAIDS and even Vicodin barely touch it. what the heck did I do?? It hurts to the hand, and it hurts to try to pick anything up, no matter how light it is.
thank you
Posted Mon, 10 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 1 hour later
thanks for the query,

With such a severe pains as you have described, it will be imperative to do an x-ray to rule out a bony lesion (fracture). In elderly females who are already on menopause, low calcium is common hence bone density is reduced. This can often lead to poor bone consolidation and to fractures.

It is also possible that due to consolidation of your elbow after the fracture, the consolidation was abnormal in morphology and there is compression of a nerve. However, an x-ray will be helpful.

Hope this answers your query. If you have further query, i will be glad to help.
Best regards