Severe body pain. What is the reason for this?

Jun 2015

Sir for the past two months I am having severe pain on my body and this pain shifts from one place to the other and stays at one place for min two days, sometimes pain is at the thump and then it goes to small figure, then ear knees, thighs, skull, back muscles etc., what am I suffering from pain is severe, I am a female 39 years old
Posted Tue, 29 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Analgesics+ diet & lifestyle measures

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,

Regarding the complains of severe body pains, kindly let us know about the following:

1. Any episode of recent acute illness?
2. Any history of systemic disease like Hypertension, Diabetes, Hypo/Hyperthyroidism, etc.?
3. Any recent incidence of Stress, Anxiety or lack of sleep at night?
4. Prolonged use of any medications?
5. Any other associated features like inability to concentrate or remember things, dizziness, visual disturbances, nausea, bladder & bowel irregularities, etc. ?

If your answer to the above mentioned questions is NO, then the symptoms can be attributed to inadequate hydration status & electrolyte balance of the body or dietary deficiencies of certain nutrients like Iron, Calcium, Vitamin D, Vitamin B 12, Folic acid, etc.
Symptomatic relief from pain can be obtained by intake of Paracetamol+Tramadol (to be taken under guidance of your Physician)
Multivitamin & multimineral supplements including iron, calcium & Vit D to be added in your diet.

And it is also needed that you take certain precautions regarding your diet & lifestyle, such as:
1. Take soft, plain, non-spicy foods
2. Drink lots of water to maintain adequate hydration
3. Avoid fast foods & gas producing food products like cabbage, etc.
4. Avoid smoking & alcohol.
5. Keep away stress..think positive.
6. Exercise regularly & practice meditation.

If you still find any difficulty, kindly get certain investigations like complete blood count, estimation of blood pressure & blood sugar levels and Thyroid profile to rule out any pathological cause for the symptoms.

There is no need to worry, you will be fine.
Till then, maintain adequate hydration & proper nutrition status,exercise regularly and avoid stress.

Wishing you a Good Health.
Please let me know if I need to clarify further.
Thanks & take care.