Sensitive neck, collar irritates neck, tried anti-chafe products, no visible signs

Hi, I am experiencing a sensitive neck issue. It started about six months ago. If I wear a shirt with a collar it seems to really irritate it. A couple days with only a t-shirt helps. I have tried anti chafe products. Seems to help some but not really. No visible signs, skin looks healthy. It is just really agrivating.
Posted Sat, 21 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 3 hours later

Irritation on neck due to collar can occur due to sweat and some part of the detergent reacting.

The history sent by you suggests that the irritation occurs only on contact of collar and hence there is no problem with body, surroundings and lifestyle.

Try changing the soap, wearing a bigger collar size.

I hope this helps you. Please do write back for follow up queries that you may have.