Semen's are getting liquefied in 2-3 three minutes after ejaculation. Any complications?

Nephrologist
Question
Sir,

my semen's are getting liquified in 2-3 three minutes after ejaculation earlier it was not like that i don't know what happened and what to do
Posted Tue, 4 Sep 2012 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 13 minutes later
Hello

Thanks for the query

I would like to enlighten that liquefaction of the semen of the semen is normal and it is caused by certain enzymes released by your prostate. It is abnormal if the semen doesn't liquefy and it leads to infertility and reduced mobility of the sperms.

I hope I have answered your query, if you have any further ones I will be happy to get back

I wish you good health

Follow-up: Semen's are getting liquefied in 2-3 three minutes after ejaculation. Any complications? 4 minutes later
sir
is there any difference if liquefaction is faster or slower

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 5 minutes later
Hello

Thanks for replying

Longer liquefaction leads to infertility. Ideally semen should liquefy within 20-30 min. You can also get your semen tested in a reputed diagnostic lab. Please approach a physician for the same

Follow-up: Semen's are getting liquefied in 2-3 three minutes after ejaculation. Any complications? 2 minutes later
sir
Is there any way to test in home
how can i know weather clotting is taking place or not

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 2 hours later
Hello

You cannot test semen at home, it has to be done only in a diagnostic lab.
You can tell if clotting is taking place if you see jelly like viscous fluid as soon as you ejaculate. It turns into liquid spontaneously after sometime, if it doesn't turn into liquid form then prostate infection has to be ruled out. Yours is turning into liquid form so it is normal and you need not worry