Semen burns after sex. Partner has to relive through water. PH of semen greater than normal. How to lower it?

Nephrologist
Question
My semen almost always "burns" my wife following intercourse with very few exceptions. She claims, "Once you ejaculate, It burns so badly that I rush to the bath tub and douche with clear water to get relief". She will be sore for a few hours and then just fine. But, this is no way to enjoy intercourse together.

I used pH paper to test the pH of my semen. The results showed greater than 8.4, the limit of my test strip. Can this, indeed, be the cause of her pain? and if so, how do I lower my semen pH? She has undergone major testing and NOTHING appears to be wrong. No dr. has suggested testing my pH, it was just my own idea.

Thank you, XXXXXXX C. Boring
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later

I would like to know more about your current situation in order to help you as there are more than one possibilities

1. How long have you had this problem?
2. Did you ever have multiple sexual partners?
3. Did you have fever anytime? Difficulty in urinating?
4. Has your urine been foul smelling recently?

Please get back to me with the answers, I am awaiting your reply.