Semen analysis shows sperm Count: 35 mill/ml. Motility; Rapid-25%, Slow-10%. Taking medication. What does it indicate?

hi Doctor, the below is the report from my semen analysis:
Collection Time: with 20 mins
Vol: 1.5 ml
Colour: Opaque Grey
PH 7.0
Liquefaction time: < 60 min

Rapid - 25%
Slow - 10%
Non Progressive - 05%
Immotility - 60%
Sperm Count: 35 mill / ml
Normal - 75%
Head Defects - 10%
Tail Defects - 15%
Agglutination - Present
Pus Cell/HPF < 05

I had undergone medication 3 months before on account of Motility being 0.

Please advice if the above results are ok. And how to improve the motility% ( i had read 50% motility is required)
Also, do advice if the parameters are ok for my wife to get pregnant.
Posted Fri, 2 Aug 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 1 hour later
Hi,XXXXX thanks for the query.

Your semen analysis report which you have provided is almost near to normal. As recent WHO criteria for Semen analysis states that total motility should be 40% (yours is also 40%) and progressive motility should be 32% (yours is 35%); and sperm count should be 15 million/ ml (yours is 35 mill/ml). So you can very well see that these factors of your semen are normal (which are basic determinant for conception).

In my opinion you do not need any more drug treatment to improve motility or sperm count. Only a few changes in your lifestyle and dietary changes will help you to further increase the count and motility.

You should avoid stress, high temprature, caffeine, alcohol and smoking. You should increase the intake of multivitamins, minerals (specially zinc) and other antioxidant in your diet.

Moreover when you plan your pregnancy, it should be 2 days abstinence followed by intercourse, which will increase chances of conception.

Good luck

Hope this information is helpful and informative to you. If you have any further query you can directly reach out to me on the following URL: