Scrotum burns with minor itch and feels like something coming out. Prescribed several medicine. Suggest?

My scrotum burns with a minor itch. Sometime it feel like something is trying come out. It is like being stick with a pin. I have seeing a Dermatologist and he prescribe several different. It does bother me when I am in bed. It won't go away
Posted Fri, 4 Oct 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
May be orchitis or epididymitis

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX

I can understand that you are worried. After analyzing your symptoms which is not getting relieved by local medications, what comes to my mind is infection of epididymis (i.e epididymitis) or testis (orchitis) or both epididymo-orchitis, burning sensation and feeling of pins & needles is mainly due to inflammation which is due to infection.

In sexually active men, the most common cause of infection is the sexually transmitted organisms Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae.

In non sexually active & older individuals, infection is usually caused by bacteria that are found in the urinary tract, such as Escherichia coli.

You need to visit an infectious disease specialist for examination of your genital organs, then accordingly clinical diagnosis is made. You may be asked to get a urine microscopy and culture for further management.

Treatment in cases suspected to be from bacteria (most common in your age group) includes at least two weeks of antibiotics. Most cases can be treated with oral antibiotics as an outpatient. Your doctor can choose one of several, including: doxycycline, azithromycin, ofloxacin, ciprofloxacin.

Please ask if you have more questions. If you are satisfied, please make sure that your ACCEPT my answer so that I receive credit. Good luck!!
Follow-up: Scrotum burns with minor itch and feels like something coming out. Prescribed several medicine. Suggest? 1 hour later
I also have skin irritation in the same area
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Clotrimazole cream might be helpful.

Detailed Answer:

If you can upload a photo of the lesion, I will be better able to help you.

Skin irritation could be due to local excoriation due to itching, avoid scratching that area. If you have never tried Clotrimazole cream, you can try applying that for temporary relief.

Hope antibiotic treatment will solve this problem.

If you do not have any further clarification you can close the discussion. Kindly rate & review my answer. Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile