Scratched pimple on face. Taking doxy and forcan. Which ointment should I use?

I had pimples on my face which i have scratched it , now the skin has got peeled off
i am taking Doxy 100 mg , Tab forcan 150 mg & Tab Cosmetin 20 mg
want to know is there any other ointment that i can apply on the scar as it looks ugly
Posted Sun, 10 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 18 hours later
Firstly I would like you to know that one should not squeeze, excoriate or scratch pimples as it leads to dark spots and sometimes scars.

To answer your question specifically
If the lesions have healed completely with red or dark pigmentation apply Kojic cream twice in a day to reduce pigmentation.
If the lesions that you have excoriated have not healed properly apply clindamycin gel in morning and adapalene gel in night. Once they heal, you may apply Kojic cream to reduce pigmentation.

Along with this use a salicylic acid or Glycolic acid face wash to reduce spots as well as acne lesions like saslic face wash or melawash.

Hope that answers your query. Should there be any other query, feel free to write back.