Scars from picking after using meth. They can't go away? Treatment available?

i used meth last time was 7 years ago but i have scars from pickin lol they dont seem to go away what can i use or what kind of treatment can i get to be able to wear a tank top again
Posted Sun, 27 May 2012 in Pigmentation Problems
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 40 minutes later

Its good to know that you have given up Meth addiction.

Methamphetamine may cause side effects including skin problems like.
Grayish leathery texture to the skin
Increased sweating
Repetitive or compulsive skin picking causing excoriations and ulcers, scars.

Scars can be treated by topical scar modulating agents like silicon gels,retinoic acid,chemical peeling with phenol, trichloroacetic acid, glycolic acid. I do not think there is an over the counter product to deal with them or a home remedy.

Some suigical techniques like microdermabrasion, scar revision surgery can be done. Scars respond very slowly and long term treatment may be necessary.

A visit to your dermatologist will be advisable. Who can suggest you available treatment modalities.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further queries I will be available for follow up.

Dr Sudarshan