Scalp is inflamed and reddish. Hair gets oily. Not cured by using different shampoos or products. What to do?

scalp is inflammed reddish and a slight burnning feel, the hair grows thinly in th area and slow, this has been for some years pain or hair gets olily quick scalp
is fairly dry in that area...have tried nivea, lanolin, vaseline creams, also alo vera after sun
spray, to date not resolved the problem...
inflammation is sometimes nil or minimal other times fairly red...
i use usual supermarket variety of shampoos...
i do not take any form of medicines, drugs, natural medicines etc..
i drink alcohol only minimal once a week..usually 2 light beers only...
i dink coca cola or pepsi cola...approx 1-2 cans total per day...
i drink usually 2 white cofees per day a teaspoon flat level 1 coffe & 1 sugar...
my diet is mixed foods, brown bread, cereals, milk, cheese, meats, eggs etc.. minimal fish,
nil seafood, minimal fruits...usually pears, apples & some bannanas...
i do have some 3 old lead-type tooth fillings that are worn...
Posted Sun, 5 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ioan Dorian OANA 2 hours later

It seems from your description that you suffer from Burning Scalp Syndrome. However, I would need some additional info to be able going further with my reasoning.

Do you mind sending me a few photos with your hair from different angles under bright sun light.? This really helps me.

Also let me know if you have suffered from depression or anxiety disorders these last years.

I am happy about your other lifestyle patterns, your diet.

I am looking forward to your answer.

If you have any more queries, feel free to ask.

Dr. Dorian Oana MD, PhD