Salty taste in mouth, dry lips, dull ache behind earlobe, headache, dizziness. What are this?

For the last couple of days I have had a salty taste in my mouth all day, regardless of what I have consumed. Now I have tingling/burning dry lips that feel as if they have been salted and dry stinging eyes. For the past few weeks I have had an intermittent dull ache behind my earlobe and down my neck to the pulse point. I have also had headaches on one side (left) of my head and some dizziness. I have a very busy lifestyle with a job and small I just run down or could this be something serious?
Posted Tue, 21 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
You have essentially three problems
Salty taste in mouth
Burning dry lips
Dull ache behind earlobe

There can be various  causes for salty taste in mouth like...
....Dehydration from either lack of drinking water or drinking too much of caffeinated products like tea,coffee,soda etc or by drinking lot of alcohol.
....There could be some problem in your gums or teeth and the infection there might be causing a salty taste
....Many people have sinusitis or allergic rhinitis and the constant post nasal drip can cause this salty taste in mouth
...Infection in salivary gland
....Deficiency of VIT B12 

Causes for tingling and numbness of lips...
Dehydration as explained above
Deficiency of VIT B12 and zinc
Lot of smoking
Medical conditions like diabetes

Intermittent headache could be due to stress,dehydration,lack of proper nutrition.

I would advise you to consult your doctor and get physically examined and investigated to find the exact cause.Till then do the following...
Take proper sleep
Take plenty of fluids
Avoid tea,coffee,sodas and alcohol.
Quit smoking,if any
Take some B COMPLEX vitamin twice a day

I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Follow-up: Salty taste in mouth, dry lips, dull ache behind earlobe, headache, dizziness. What are this? 9 hours later
Thank you for your reply. I am a smoker and this had spurred me on to quit. I am cutting right down and will consult my go. As for dehydration I cut back my caffeine immediate and started drinking more water. I would have thought there may be improvement by today? I eat a health balanced diet and tend to prefer vegetarian food
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Quitting smoking would be very good for your health.
I hope you shall be all right soon with proper hydration and nutrition and by cutting your caffeine.