Safe hair removal cream for use under armpits, gentials

Need to know a name for a safe hair removal cream for use under armpits& genitals as I do not want to use a razor/trimmer.

Please let me know a safe cream for both male & female.

Posted Wed, 20 Jun 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 8 hours later

Thank you for posting the query,

The creams which are OTC and more commonly used are XXXXXXX French & Veet ,which are easily available in Indian market.These creams works by irritant reaction on the hair follicles,and thus there is a chance of pigmentation and redness.They are otherwise safe and easy to use for both males and females.

Groins / genitalia and underarms are covered areas of the body ,so there is more chance of irritant reaction .I would advise you to use them initially over a small area like lower leg and watch for the results and reaction.

The more permanent method though would be Lasers . I have been using lasers for last 12 years now and have amazing results .Kindly talk to your dermatologist (laser specialist) for the same .The only issue would be the cost of the whole process,otherwise the results are very good.

Hope I've answered your query.

Should you have additional concern regarding the same ,I would be happy to address it.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr.Bharat chawda XXXXXXX specialist, Dermatology.