Safe allergy medications during pregnancy?

question what are allergie medicines you can take while your pregnant?
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 3 hours later

First of all, please understand that no medicines should be taken in pregnancy unless advised by your doctor.

During pregnancy the first trimester (first few weeks) and last trimester (last few weeks) are important for fetal development and growth.This is very crucial period of pregnancy.

Following anti allergic medications may be taken and are used in pregnancy.

These are category "B" drugs as per classification,means there are studies in pregnant animals that they are safe, but there are no human studies.

This are used routinely as per need.

I would like once again repeat my advise,please do not take any medicines what so ever without talking to your doctor.

I hope this answers your query,I will be glad to reply any follow up queries that you have.