STD left untreated for last few years. Is there any chances of recovery?

Question
hi sir, I was affected in STD for last 4 myears and i diid take any treatment until now. is any chance to get recover from this..
Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 34 minutes later

If untreated, STDs can increase your risk of acquiring another STD such as HIV. This happens because an STD can stimulate an immune response in the genital area or cause sores, either of which might make HIV transmission more likely. Some untreated STDs can also lead to infertility.

You need to get a fresh complete STD panel of tests done and depending on the diagnosis, you should get appropriate medicines prescribed from your doctor. For any sexually transmitted disease, if you are infected, you should inform your recent sexual partner(s) so that they may be tested and treated as well.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Follow-up: STD left untreated for last few years. Is there any chances of recovery? 18 minutes later
can you suggest a docotor to test it all.If HIV is not is possible to cure STD problem permanently.

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 42 minutes later

Thanks for writing back to me.

Since you are residing in Hyderabad, hence you can open the following link and consult a sexual health expert.

The link is:

WWW.WWWW.WW