Runny nose & cough. Suggestion for antibiotic for early recovery?

I am having a running nose and cough from yesterday. Can you suggest me an antibiotic/medicine to recover faster?
Posted Sat, 9 Jun 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 24 minutes later

It would be unethical and inappropriate to prescribe you scheduled drugs without doing a proper examination.

I shall still try to help you by advising some good over the counter medications and home remedies which will help you.

Take Tab Cadistin 8 mg twice daily after food for three days this will help by reducing the symptoms.

Inhaling the vapors of turmeric, XXXXXXX cider vinegar, or eucalyptus oil that can be added to steaming water water. This helps loosen the secretions, thus enhancing the discharge through your nose.

Natural cold remedies also include the use of turmeric. The anti-inflammatory properties of this root can help ease the symptoms of a cold. It is best to consume a hot glass of turmeric and ginger mixed in milk, before retiring for the night.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Wish you a speedy recovery.