Roof of mouth has yellow pus, painful, history of strep throat. Cause?

what could be causing the roof of my mouth to look like yellow pus and hurt
The roof of my mouth is painful I looked at it the best I could with a flashlight and toward the back of the roof of the mouth and a few spots in throat it looks like yellow pus. I have never had this before.. I have had strep throat but my neck and tonsils were what hurt at that time. I do not know how to help myself because I am not sure if this could be a virus, a bacteria or a fungus or whatever else might cause this. The yellow pus on the roof of my mouth goes from about the middle of my mouth to the back. I do not have a fever. Please advise me asap. Thank you. XXXXXXX
Posted Fri, 5 Oct 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 2 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX and thanks for posting the query.

As per your query you have a previous history of Bacterial Infection of throat. So there are more chances of chronic bacterial infection that is causing the yellow spots or pus in your mouth and throat. These symptoms are also due to complications of Tonsillitis.

The other causes are viral infection (not in your case as it is asymptomatic), fungal infection or irritants such as pollutants or chemical substances.

The swab test or culture test help you to know about the organism causing the problem. Accordingly get antibiotic or anti-fungal treatment.

Consult your doctor and get proper examination and treatment.

Till you consult your doctor do lukewarm water gargles, avoid oily, banana and sugary food, clean your mouth with water after every meals.

Hope you got your answer to your queries and I am always available for follow up queries.

Best Wishes and have a speedy recovery.
Dr. Kulbir Singh