Rolled my right foot. Have pain, swelling and bruising. What can be done?

General Surgeon
I fell last night and rolled my right foot. I have pain swelling XXXXXXX bruising. I cannot move pinkie tow. I cannot walk or put any pressure on foot. When fell heard popping noise. Went to urgent care for normal xrays. Stated could not see break. Plus radiologist not in till monday. I have fallen in past but have never expierenced this kind of pain lack of movement and inability to walk on foot. My toes keep twicting like uncontrolable spasms! Help!
Posted Fri, 5 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 2 hours later
As per your query,it is evident that your right foot is injured.
Pain ,swelling and limitation of movement can be due to simple SPRAIN or FRACTURE of any bone.Fracture in the foot will be difficult to diagnose in x rays.It has to be seen and confirmed by experienced Radiologist or Orthopaedician.The fractures are very thin most of the times,they are called HAIR LINE FRACTURES.
Please take skeletal muscle relaxant tablet.Add Gabapentin tablet too.
Apply warm pack over affected area.
Even though fracture is not confirmed on monday,i advise you to put on ankle brace or Plaster of paris cast so that the movements will be restricted and you will get well soon.
Wish you good health and speedy recovery.
If you have any queries, i will clarify further.