Ringworm appeared near thighs. Using tinactin, lamosil cream. Could it be scabies?

I thought I had ringworm around my thighs near my groin. Been treating for 6 weeks w/over the counter topical anti-fungal cream i.e., Tinactin, Lamosil, others (3 different active ingredients), along w/tea tree oil but it has spread and not going away. Saw a Family Doctor who said keep trying over the counter (like I've done) and should work over 2 weeks but still there. Could this be Scavies (does not itch... distinct red ring work pattern w/raised bumps) does not itch but does fell like burning more at night. Was around dogs at friend's house where the dog was on couch where sitting and used a "dog blanket' to cover self while napping. Will UV light i.e., sunbathing, kill the fungus?
Posted Thu, 30 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 55 minutes later

It is generally easy for doctors to diagnose ring worm by looking at the rash. So I guess you can trust diagnosis of your GP. Fungal infections are quiet resistant to even proper treatment and have high rate of recurrence.

Many antifungal creams can clear the condition in around weeks. But since you have already tried creams you can consider option of oral treatment.

Systemic treatment includes antifungal tablet like griseofulvin (Fulvicin, Grifulvin, and Gris-PEG).You can discuss about this with your doctor as this treatment does have side effects.

Hope this answers your question.