Right hand is inflamed and warm to touch. Redness and inflammation has spread. Suggest the cure?

General Surgeon
Right hand and right lower arm and wrist is inflamed and swollen and warm to the touch. Redness and inflamation has spread over the last 24 hours . No open wound and no fever.
Posted Tue, 10 Sep 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is cellulitis

Detailed Answer:
There will be trivial trauma to the hand.A small needle prick can lead to this.
Please do not neglect.
I prescribe higher antibiotic like Meropenem injection,mteronidazole injection along with anti inflammatory drugs in injection form to my patients with similar complaints.once the severe symptoms are subsided,i will shift to tablet form.
Please consult your doctor and ask for injections initially.
Your affected upper limb should be kept elevated.
Dont apply anything over the arm.
I will give small cuts over the affected portion if there is no response to medicines.
Any how,please consult your doctor
Please do not delay
Wish you speedy recovery