Right hand and arm are feeling cold. Why?

My right hand and arm seem much colder than my left. Maybe even my whole left side warmer than right. Why?
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 7 hours later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Local temperature rises occur most commonly due to inflammatory reasons. And local drop of temperature can occur due poor circulation.

So, it could be either of the two, or can just happen normally under environmental influences. If you think your issue is continuous - then I would suggest you to rule out the second reason - poor circulation. As you have a hypertension risk factor.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla, MBBS, MD
Consultant Physician.