Results shows fatty liver but liver enzymes are no elevated. How is this possible?
User rating for this question
For a while now I've been sick, all my blood work comes out good. They say I have a fatty liver but my liver enzymes are never elevated. How could this be?
Posted Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: It could be isolated fatty liver Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX I have read your query. I am sorry about your current health status. Fatty liver can be an isolated finding with no elevation of the liver enzymes. This is possible. It is not necessary that all fatty liver must be associated with raised liver enzymes. The common cause for fatty liver is being overweight or obese, consumption of high fatty food. An isolated fatty liver finding can be regarded as normal, and needs no medical intervention. Hope this answers your query. Good day!
People also viewed
- Elevated liver enzymes indigestion
- Tongue feels rough due to excessive brushing
- Feeling of obstruction chest
- Sonography showed fatty liver how can i lower triglyceride levels
- Feels like gas stuck in chest lower
- Photo attached what are these spots warts
- Gagging feeling in chest
- Should i trephine subungual hematoma
- Gastric problems stomach pain ultrasound shows fatty liver stomach condition
- Gas pains in chest feel hungry
- Checked for ecg echo hb level and thyroid profile advise
- Need help is assessing the thyroid test report
- High liver enzymes fatty liver nose bleeds
- Explain usg study showing fatty liver changes with cholelithiasis
- Pain in stomach up to chest female