Results shows fatty liver but liver enzymes are no elevated. How is this possible?

For a while now I've been sick, all my blood work comes out good. They say I have a fatty liver but my liver enzymes are never elevated. How could this be?
Posted Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: It could be isolated fatty liver Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX I have read your query. I am sorry about your current health status. Fatty liver can be an isolated finding with no elevation of the liver enzymes. This is possible. It is not necessary that all fatty liver must be associated with raised liver enzymes. The common cause for fatty liver is being overweight or obese, consumption of high fatty food. An isolated fatty liver finding can be regarded as normal, and needs no medical intervention. Hope this answers your query. Good day!