Reports revealed lupus nephritis and chronic sclerosing glomerular lesion. What treatment should be taken?

Question
hallo dr 1 feature are consistent with diffuse lupus nephritis displaying active as well as chronic sclerosing glomerular lesion . 2 isn/rps class 4 -s a/c 3.nih indices of activity 11/24 and chronicity 4/12 advice cyclmahide inject 15 days interval for three month followed predisolone 10mg daily i love my wife but can u please my wife position .how much she can live i am worried about her .what treatment can go further ? my email id YYYY@YYYY biopsy report send to you . treament presently given also send if you require any query before reply i can send you . regards
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Kidney Conditions

Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Continue Treatment. Good Prognosis. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. I have gone through your query and understand your concern. For the Last 4 years medical treatment for Lupus Nephritis is greatly improved because of advent of the Immunosuppresive drugs and proper use of Steroids in selected cases. During the 1950s, the 5-year survival rate among patients with lupus nephritis was close to 0%. Recent document says 5- and 10-year survival rates for Lupus nephritis on treatment as high as 85% and 73%, respectively. Thus need not worry about your wife. Take care of her health. Please continue the Immuno suppresive treatment with Cyclophosphomide and steroids. Hope this helps. Wishing you good health. Please reply for further queries. Regards, Dr.Manejth XXXXXXX G

Follow-up: Reports revealed lupus nephritis and chronic sclerosing glomerular lesion. What treatment should be taken? 20 hours later
Cyclophosphomide and steroids. steriod 10 mg daily and cyclophosphmide 500 mg in every 15 days iv with ns saline . she is taking it . Can she go for ayurvedic treatment or chinese treatment . i have heard that ayurvedic type of medicine content metal in it ,shall i go for it .

Brief Answer: Continue Cyclophosphamide and steroids. Yes metal. Detailed Answer: Hello, Do not get confused with multiple advises about the disease she is suffering from. You are on the right track now. Please continue Cyclophosphomide and steroids as your treatin Primary care physician recommended. Not all the Ayurvedic medicines contains Metals and minerals. But few of our Ayurvedic medicines contains metals like iron, gold, copper. These at high doses potential to damage her kidney, liver and brain. Hope this helps. Please reply for further queries. Wishing her good health. Regards, Dr.Manjeth XXXXXXX G

Follow-up: Reports revealed lupus nephritis and chronic sclerosing glomerular lesion. What treatment should be taken? 19 hours later
all my reports attach in upload coloumn Dr do you can advice any excellent neprology shall i go to him as per results are good as far as you know in any part of country.

Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Dr. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX AIIMS, New Delhi Detailed Answer: Hello, I would like to refer you to Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX He is a Professor in All India Institute of Medical Sciences. Please consult him in AIIMS itself. He will be in the Department of Nephrology, 4th floor, AIIMS. His mail id is YYYY@YYYY Hope this helps. Please reply for further queries. Wishing you good health. Regards, Dr.Manjeth XXXXXXX G