Removed a tampon but it got turn. Having abdominal and pelvic pain. Should I visit ER?

Mar 2013
I just removed a tampon myself that had been in for 6 1/2 days but some pieces had torn off. ive been having cramps in my legs before removal and and now I have abdominal and right pelvic pain. Should I go to the ER?? The pain seems to be intensifying.
Posted Thu, 16 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 51 minutes later
thank you for your query.
You should definitely go to the ER right away.
A foreign body ( tampon ) in your case forgotten inside the vagina can lead to fulminating and lethal pelvic infections at times.
Particularly in your case, some pieces have been shredded off.
It can lead to XXXXXXX complications.
Please go to the ER as soon as you can.
Take care, and feel free to discuss further.