Ask a Urologist   »  

Remedy for swollen and red meatus and irritation on contact?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Just a little background before I begin, I'm 17 years old, and I definitely do not have an STD. On the tip of my penis, the meatus is swollen and red and it sort of looks like lips. It gets very irritated touching my boxers and doesn't really burn when I pee, maybe for the first second or two, but that's it. Is there anyway to reverse this? It just started occurring about 2 weeks ago and is only getting worse. It looks very weird from what it normally does, and it's embarrassing. Thank you for your time and help.
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please provide the requested data of yours.... Detailed Answer: Hi, I read your query and understood your concerns. There are many factors leading to swollen meatus. A picture of the tip of your penis will help me determine the real problem in you! I'd like to also have more of your medical data: - have you been circumcised? - have you had intercourse yet? If yes, did you have any problem (burning, swelling, pain, etc.) - have you been riding recently? - have you changed laundry detergent or aroma recently? Looking forward to have the requested data in! Dr.Bardha
Follow-up: Remedy for swollen and red meatus and irritation on contact? 3 hours later
Thank you for your response! - Yes I have been circumcised - Yes I have had intercourse, but not for about 2 months, and it was with my ex-girlfriend who I know didn't have a STD or anything at all. - I'm not sure what you mean by "riding recently" - And no we haven't changed laundry detergent or anything at all Also, it doesn't really burn when I pee, that was only one time when I woke up this morning. Just kind of scared me. Finally, I thought I did upload a picture, but I will try to again. And is there anyway to reverse this? Or is it permanent?
Answered by Dr. Fatbardha Sejdini 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Can attach photos YYYY@YYYY Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for following up. - "Riding" = have you been "riding a bicycle" recently? Or did you experience any local trauma recently? If you are not able to upload the pictures, you can send them by e-mail at the following address: YYYY@YYYY with the subject line: "Attention to Dr.Fatbardha Sejdini" The most probable causes could be urinary tract infection and genital infection (thrush). I usually get my patients physically examined and then, decide for the best treatment. That's why I gently ask to attach the photos for a more specific assistance. I also advise to: - keep your genitalia well cleaned and dried - avoid irritating soaps - apply cold compresses locally to reduce swelling - avoid having sex until improved - avoid wearing tight underwear - try to use cotton underwear Looking forward to have the photos in for more specific treatment. Dr.Bardha