Ask a Urologist   »  

Remedy for right lower quadrant pain triggered by stress?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016
Excellent

Urologist
Question
I have right lower quadrant pain,pelvis abdomen border, , pulsating,intermittent,mild started 1 day ago 10 minutes after a forceful ejaculation ,pain can come on it's own, right now off and on during the day , no pain on palpation ,stress seems to bring it on ( I had a very stressfull week behind me with irritated mildly achy stomach ) I have had frequent urination for a while ,internal medicine doctors repeated lab tests revealed nothing out of normal ,elevated glucose but not diabetic , no other symtoms ,no fever,no coughing...I have a very slight inguinal hernia right side without symptoms I was looking up appendicitis,muscular strain,prostatitis
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer: This could be due to Inguinal Hernia. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have pain in lower abdomen since 2 days .You have Rt Inguinal Hernia too. The pain that you have could be due to pulling of contents of the hernial sac ( either bowel or omentum.) In absence of any fever, vomiting and any urinary symptoms there is no possibility of either Appendicitis or Prostatitis. Please consult qualified general surgeon for clinical examination and get Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen done to confirm the diagnosis. In the meanwhile take antispasmodics like Spamo Proxyvon twice daily.You should get relief from pain within a day or two. Further treatment and need for surgery will be decided by surgeon on clinical findings and reports of USG scan . Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Remedy for right lower quadrant pain triggered by stress? 3 hours later
Thank you for your answer Dr XXXXXXX very slight hernia found by urologist in the groin area when I coughed on demand with no symptoms so far. Pain located 4-4.5 inches diagonally up above that area and onset was 10 minutes after forceful physical activity like masturbation.Could it be muscular strain ? Thank you

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 5 hours later
Brief Answer: It is unlikely to be due to muscular pain. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up. The pain that you have is due to pulling of the contents of the sac due to sudden increase in intra abdominal pressure. Hernia itself will not give pain unless the contents of the sac get entrapped .The ultrasound scanning will help to find out the nature of the content. Thanks and regards. Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Remedy for right lower quadrant pain triggered by stress? 13 hours later
Thank you so much for your answer Dr XXXXXXX I have a small final question Pain is 99% gone . Should I still go for ultrasound because it might come back? Thank you

Brief Answer: Pain is not a criteria for Hernia. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up. Pain is not a criteria in taking decision for surgery of hernia repair .It can recur again at any time and may lead to complication like obstruction or strangulation . Please do not hesitate to get Ultrasound scanning done . If it turns out to be positive you have to go ahead for surgery at earliest to avoid future complications. Please note surgery is the only treatment option for Hernia. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.