Remedy for recurrent cough due to allergy?

Pulmonologist
Question
i am sufferring from severe cough. I suffer fromm it somany times.doctors say , it is due to allergy.I have been s.coughing for 20-15 days.The cough rduces but again starts.Please tell me the remedy.
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Seems to be seasonal allergic rhinitis. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting the query on HCM. After going through your query, I would like to comment the following: 1. You seem to be having episodes of recurrent cold followed by cough over the years esp. in dusty places. 2. This is suggestive of seasonal allergic rhinitis with post nasal drip (Upper airway cough syndrome). 3. You need to get yourself evaluated by a Pulmonologist. Investigations required will be chest Xray, pulmonary function test, peripheral smear and serum IgE levels. 4. Management will require avoidance of dust, oral anti allergic medication, nasal sprays, Inhalers and oral bronchodilators. Antibiotic course may be required if there is a secondary infection. 5. Annual flu vaccination will definitely help. Thus get yourself evaluated by a Pulmonologist at the earliest. I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any. Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries. Regards Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra MBBS MD DNB Consultant Pulmonologist

Follow-up: Remedy for recurrent cough due to allergy? 4 hours later
Please suggest some good Pulmonologist in Ghaziabad/Delhi.

Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: You can search on this website. Detailed Answer: Hi, You can search on this website regarding Pulmonologists in your area. Link: WWW.WWWW.WW I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any. Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries. Regards Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra MBBS MD DNB Consultant Pulmonologist