Ask a Urologist   »  

Remedy for frequent urination at night only?

Feb 2016

General Surgeon
I get up about 6 times at night to use the bathroom. I tried a few different medicines but no change. My habits during the day are totally normal. Can you help? Thanks
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: Investigations to rule out organic cause Detailed Answer: Hi. There are certain causes we should rule out. Diabetes, urinary tract infection, habitual, uterine prolapse, small bladder capacity- to enumerate few. I would advise you to go for the blood tests for WBC, sugar, urea creatinine; Urine tests routine and culture sensitivity; Ultrasound of the abdomen and urinary tract in particular- bladder status before and after passing urine to know the residual quantity of urine. Gynecologist's examination to rule out uterine prolapse and cystocele. This may also be habitual , as your habits are normal during the day. A stress or anxiety at night only- can be a probable reason. Certain medicines are tried at you r age with caution and as prescribed by a Doctor. Medicines for anxiety can sometimes help. But can not be mentioned here as the chemist needs a prescription of a Doctor before dispensing. May I please know which medicines have been used till now and any tests you have undergone?