Remedy for bites, red welts, and numbness on thigh?
User rating for this question
My upper outer thigh appears to have bites on it and then an area that is like a red welt. It has also felt numb for over a week now.
Posted Sat, 1 Mar 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: detail follows Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to healthcaremagic. I have read your query and understood your concern. As per details, it can be one of the following: 1) herpes zoster : characterised by fluid filled lesions along a dermatome not crossing the midline. But the lesions are rather painful or associated with burning sensation. 2) insect bite : characterised by sudden red eruption which later gets crusted. I will be able to tell you better if you can attach a pic of the lesions. How long the lesions are there ? How did they start ? Kindly attach a pic of the lesion and answer my questions so that I can help you further. Thank you.
Follow-up: Remedy for bites, red welts, and numbness on thigh? 1 hour later
The lesions started off small, like bites, but have changed, some connected, some separate like bug bites. I don't know how they started and they have been around for about 2 weeks.
Answered by Dr. Charu Bansal 9 hours later
Brief Answer: herpes zoster Detailed Answer: Hello dear Thanks for the picture. It seems more like herpes zoster to me. I would start you on antiviral like acyclovir if it has occurred within within 24-48 hours of the formation of new lesions. Your dermatologist / general physician will know about this medicine; hence do visit them at the earliest. If a doctor visit is not feasible sooner, you can apply topical antibiotics like mupirocin 2 percent twice daily over the lesions. Numbness can be taken care of with tablets containing gabapentin and vitamin B 12. You can ask for these when you visit the doctor. If you have further query you may ask me. Else kindly close the discussion and rate it. thanx
People also viewed
- Numbness in thigh post angioplasty
- Kidney pain and numb thigh
- Hip pain numbness red welts
- Involuntarily humming is this a neurological disorder
- Pneumonia febrile seizures prescribed keppra what else can be done
- Remedy for bites red welts and numbness on thigh
- Blood blisters on back of throat
- Bubble blister in back of throat
- Kidney stones numb thigh
- Left side weakness numbness mri done suggestions
- Mri done what does the findings suggest anything to worry
- Blisters side back of tongue
- Feet numbness burning sensation during exercising possible remedies
- Sinus bleeding back of throat
- Bleeding teeth yellow on back of throat