Regular stomach ache, not proper bowel movements. Suggest home treatment or medicine

I am having regular stomach ache problem and also not having proper motions.
My diet is good, having simple food at home.Can you suggest me any home treatment or medicine for this problem.
Posted Mon, 10 Sep 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 14 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

It seems you have chronic stomach pain with bowel irregularities. This might be due to chronic amebiasis or having mixed infection. However other causes like irritable bowel disease or bowel inflammation.

This may lead to not passing motion satisfactory and feeling of having constipation.

I would suggest you to go for stool test for ova, cyst or organism if it hasn't been tested yet. Antibiotic like Ciplox TZ can be taken for 3-5 days under the guidance of your local doctor. If the problem persists, further abdominal evaluation such as colonoscopy is entailed.

In the meantime,
- Avoid fried and junk food.
- Take more water, buttermilk, curd, rice, etc.
- Take more XXXXXXX veggies and fiber containing diet.
- You may also take antispasmodic tablet like Meftal spas, Omiprazole as and when required.

Hope I answered your query. If you have further query or clarification, please ask. I will be happy to help.

Wish you good health.