Regular smoker, want to take and clear swab test. How long does THC stay in the saliva glands?

How long does THC stay in the saliva glands? I'm taking a swab test for my job and am I'm a daily smoker and was wondering how long i should stay off the meds to pass the test..
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 19 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

THC can be detected positively in 2-5 hrs by the highly sensitive radioimmunoassay. And the half-life time of THC is 4 hrs.

So after 4 hrs - 50% THC remains
after 8 hrs - 25% remains
after 12 hrs - 12.5% remains .... and so on....

As the RIA test is very sensitive, to beat the test - at least 2-3 days of abstinence is necessary to pass the test.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.