Regular masturbation,firmness on testicles,no pain

I masturbate frequently and feel a firmness without pain to the right testicle. Should I be concerned now? Or should I wait a few days without masturbation to follow up with primary care?
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 22 minutes later

I agree with you to abstain from masturbation for a week and check.

Testes are very sensitive structures in the male body and respond differently to heat,cold,touch etc. Firmness or sore feeling in the testes can be due to various reasons as:
1)Trauma: In your case there is no such history(I am assuming)
2)Hormonal Imbalance if any.
3)Excessive masturbation:It seems the probability in your case.
4)Excess use of Tobacco: if you are using kindly avoid it.
Since you do not have any pain it does not seem to be anything serious. If you have pain
1)Apply ice pack 3 to 4 times in a day for short intervals and observe for changes.
2)Avoid masturbation even regularly do it only when you are sexually excited.
3) Put away all the scenarios that make you masturbate or sexually excited.

If other symptoms as pain arise or firmness is present even after a week consider visiting your Primary Physician for evaluation.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up query