Regained consciousness after taking injection and suffering from symptoms of paralysis. What is the next step?

Nov 2013

Hi My father went completely numb on Nov 20th around 21:00 ISt and we rushed to a Neurologist immediately. He administered an Injection which helped in regaining consciousness. I have attached the MIR and Angelography reports as well. Currently he has gained consciousness and is in ICU. However there are symptoms of paralysis in the left side of the body. However he can open his left eye, move left leg though without any strength/control. Please guide on how to proceed. Also I can provide current medication he is taking..
Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Thank you for posting your query. Detailed Answer: Hi, Based on the description, your father seems to have suffered from a brain stroke, affecting the right side of brain, which results in the paralysis of left side of body. The treatment at this stage would consist of physiotherapy and limb exercises. Medications would be blood thinners such as aspirin and clopidogrel. Stains are also used, which help in regulating cholesterol and both these medications prevent stroke in the future. His blood pressure should be kept under good control. I hope it helps. Please get back if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: My BLOG: