Reduced size of the testicle, no sperms, presence of leukocytes, hard epididymis, semen test done. What is the problem?

I am 42 years old The left testicles is 3*2.5*2.5, and the right is 4.5*3*2.5 cm3. The scrotum is not so big, and the testicules can be next to the body when shrinked.

I did a semen test and there were big amount of Leukocytes (100) forming lines, and no sperm was found, The Epididymis are big and hard. Do you have an idea about the problem.
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Chandan Choudhary 3 hours later

I have noted the details mentioned in the query.

You have mentioned that you are suffering from azoospermia (no sperms) with lots of leukocytes.
In general, presence of large number of leukocytes indicates infection / inflammation and absence of sperms in the semen indicates that there might be an obstruction in the tract between testes and epididymis or ejaculatory duct.

It would be difficult to predict the nature of condition and treatment options without further evaluation. I suggest you to consult a competent urologist for a physical examination. A repeat semen analysis after 3 days of abstinence, ultrasound of scrotum and colour doppler study of the scrotal vessels are entailed.

The aforementioned tests and few other blood tests may be suggested by your doctor. I wish to follow up with you; and so if you get these tests done, please let me know the results.

Hope this helps you.