Redness, scaling areas on chest. No itching. What is it?

Hi - My husband has four quarter sized circles on his chest. They are very pale red, slightly scaly looking on the outside and normal skin color on the inside. They don't itch or look/act like Ringworm which I have had (a few years ago.) We noticed three yesterday and another showed up today. No other symptoms. I can't find anything online that it looks like. No red center or bite XXXXXXX like with a tick. We live in New Hampshire so there aren't many bugs right now.
Posted Sat, 6 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 35 minutes later
Thanks for sharing your concern with us.
From the description given, I could think of few possibilities
1 ) seborrheic dermatitis
Red rashes with greasy scales may be seen over chest face upper back and scalp. Treatment is application of steroid antifungal cream combination
2) pityriasis rosea
Red oval rashes are seen with scales at the margin of the lesion. These lesions are self resolving. Application of steroid lotion and calamine lotion may help
3) tinea corporis or ring worm
Ring shaped lesions with scales at margin, initially may be non itchy but are usually itchy. Treated with antifungal cream application.
4 ) psoriasis
Red round rashes covered with thick scales.
These require application of steroids and emollients

I would be in better position to guide you with a possible treatment if you could upload an image of concerned area.
Hoping to hear from you soon.