Reddish ring around base of foreskin, small bumps underneath foreskin. What is it?

Jul 2012

Hi I have a reddish ring around the base of the foreskin and small bumps underneath the foreskin as well I was wondering what it might be
Posted Sat, 8 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 11 hours later
Hi there. I read your query with interest. In all likelihood, what you have described fits into the description of circinate balanitis(inflammation).In your given case, assuming there is no sexual contact (as none has been mentioned), it is very likely to be of 'fungal ' or 'candidal'(yeast) origins. Please use a topical/local antifungal cream admixed with a mild corticosteroid for 24-48 hrs; then use a 'plain' antifungal cream eg. ketoconazole group of antifungals & you should be completely relieved of said symptoms in 72-96hrs. If the symptoms persist, then please visit your nearest dermatologist. Cheers & Good luck. Am sure all will be well soon.
If this works for you in the next 24 hrs, please do accept this answer & would appreciate a rating. Cheers. P.S. If you wish, you could upload a 'clear' photograph of the area concerned on this portal. Godspeed!