Reddish pink marks on both axilla, not itchy. Diagnosed as ringworm. Taken Ketoconazole, Hyracortisone. No relief. Treatment?

I have added few pics, these marking are not itchy. They are a reddish pink. the left is oval the right is odd shaped. I was diagnosed with the left axilla area (it is below the area of shaving though, below the armpit triangular area) as being ringworm and given and RX for cream called Ketoconazole back in May 2011. It didn't help at all. No scrappings were done, no woods lamp, just by eyeballing it. The right axilla area is slightly lower than the left and that I noticed after a strenous wek of exercise last summer, but it never went away. I thought it was from being sweaty and my bra and clothes rubbing there. I have tried everything on these marks. Hyracortisone, Bio Oil, even the retin A I have for my acne break outs. Any clues as to what these marks are? BTW, I am 43 years old.

My pic "0000" is my left axilla area. The one that was diagnosed as ringwrom last yer. I posted pictures of both the left and right areas in my profile to help you dx. on another website a dr suggested a form of leprosy and parapsoriais just a while ago and I am freaking out
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 15 minutes later

After reading your history and viewing the pictures, my comments are as follows:

1. It is very unlikely that you could be suffering from tinea infection currently. Tinea infections are quite itchy.

2. Most of the times in leprosy the lesions are hypopigmented and there are no sensations over the area. Red lesions in leprosy are quite painful and swollen as they are part of lepra reactions. So I am not convinced that this is leprosy.

3. Red color that are non itchy and without scaling is again highly unlikely to be parapsoriasis.

4. Creams like retino when applied in crural area like axilla can cuase irritation. Hence please do not apply them.

"If you were treated for ringworm before there is a high possibility that this is a mere colored lesion left after the infection has been treated". If the lesions are not increasing, have normal sensation and you do not have any symptom, there is no need to worry. It could be benign condition which may go away with mild topical steroid.

We would be able to get to know of its true nature by performing a biopsy of the lesion. So if you are worried, visit your dermatologist who can then perform the procedure.

Hope this allays your fear.

Wish you good health.

Dr.Rohit Batra