Reddish itchy skin rash on the chest, sinus congestion. Treatment?

My 49 year old wife has a small (approx. 1/4") sore reddish brown sore rash (No Lumps) on her chest just below her collar bone. She has had this for 2-3 days and there is only one spot. She currently has sinus congestion. She says the small rash is sore/ichy.
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 15 minutes later
Thanks for the query

It looks like your wife is suffering from an allergic reaction. Since there are no other rashes anywhere else, it is most probably a focal dermatitis.

What you can do is apply calamine lotion which is easily available in stores on the rash, this will take care of the itchiness instantly. It also has a soothing effect.

Anti histamine like levocetrizine can help both the rash and the ongoing sinus infection. Your wife can take Tablet Zyrtec 1 tablet daily with meals.

Please consult a doctor in case it aggregates, changes color or spreads to other areas of the body

I hope I have answered all your queries. Please accept my answer if you no further queries.