Reddish brown dot between left eye lid and nose, stressed, improper sleep, freckles, moles. What could it be?

When I got out of the shower today I noticed a small reddish/brown dot between my left eye lid and nose. It is not big at all so it is hard to tell the exact color but it was not there yesterday. I have been overly stressed and not sleeping well at night this past week. I have pale skin and many freckles and moles but this does not look or feel like a new freckle or mole forming. Any ideas of what this could be?
Posted Fri, 20 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in.
Though you have history of stress and sleepless nights over past week; it can not cause this kind of dot on eyelid.
It is likely to be mole formation as you already have few. Watch out for few days on the dot. Some may fade and some may remain there.
You have mentioned family history of cancers. Only thing which should be looked for carefully is - moles is present.

If above dot does not come out as mole, watch out for alarm signs like-
1] Irregular blood vessels in or around the spot
2] Depressed (sunken) area in the middle
3] Oozing or crusting spots in a sore
4] Bleeding easily
5] Slowly increasing in size.

In case if alarm signs present later; consult dermatologist for thorough examination.
I hope I have answered your query. In case of doubt, I shall be happy to help you.

Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.