Reddish blisters and rashes on the legs and hips. Tried hydrocortisone cream. Remedy?

My daughter was in a pagent last night and she had to wear some tights the church had for her. when we got home she changed into some new pjs then we went to my moms we were there for little bit and then my mom asked me if i had noticed the spots on her legs so i went to look. They were redish purple in the middle some the size of a XXXXXXX and one had a red ring farther outside of it. then there are multiple clusters of them the only place is where the tights were! i gave here a baking soda bath, put some hydrocortisone cream on them and gave her some motrin. she coulnt sit on her butt cuz there were some there and they hurt. there are some that are big like described then there are also alot of really tiny red spots/bumps all over her legs also!! what could this have been
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 12 minutes later

If they are only where the tights were, then it could be contact dermatitis. It usually happens with nylon or polyester clothing and less commonly with cotton.

You did the right thing by giving her a bath and also applying cream.

I advice you to XXXXXXX a dermatologist soon. She needs to be on antihistamines like Levocetrizine for a faster recovery.

Also you could make her do the following things.
1. Wear loose clothes, especially ones made of cotton.
2. Calamine lotion will help her skin irritation, bring down pain, inflammation and also gives a soothing effect.
3. Avoid scratching the lesions.
4. Avoid direct exposure of the lesions to sun.

Early treatment will avoid scars, please take her to the doctor soon.

I hope, I have answered to your query. If there are no follow up queries please accept my answer.

Follow-up: Reddish blisters and rashes on the legs and hips. Tried hydrocortisone cream. Remedy? 5 minutes later
i forgot to say that they are bruses today does that mean anything?
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 7 minutes later

Thanks for reverting.

Bruises happen only after a minor fall. It looks very different from a rash. Rashes are more uniform and spread. In this particular case, I don't expect bruises.

Take her to dermatologist soon, as physical examination is mandatory for diagnosis. Till then, please follow the advise, I have jotted down in my previous reply.

I hope, I have answered your query. If there are no follow up queries, please accept my answer.

I wish her a speedy recovery.