Red vein under nose, rashes under nose and below mouth. Taking estradiol. Is it the side effect of estradiol?

I take Estradiol, I have a problem with red vein under my noise and get like little rashes under nose and below the mouth. Is that the cause of that. I notice that I get it more with different kinds of food.
Posted Sun, 28 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 1 hour later
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
Estradiol causes dermatologic side effects like chloasma or melasma, Scalp hair loss, hirsutism, erythema nodosum, and hemorrhagic eruptions. Out of it chloasma will cause changes on face but they are at both the cheeks and below eyes.
In your case it does not looks like similar to it. It is very less likely caused by estrogen therapy. If it is increasing with different food then it is possibly allergic condition. You need to consult your dermatologist for this because detailed clinical examination is necessary for such lesions.

Hope i have answered your query, If you have further concern, please let me know.