Red spots on penis

Red spots on penis. :

I'm 18years old and I have never had sex. And I find tiny red spots under the foreskin but it isn't itchy. And most of the time my penis is dry when foreskin is retract, and the tip of the penis which I believe call the meatus is regularly red. I'm worried, at first I thought it would go away but it wouldnt go away.
And how can I cure it?
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 1 hour later
As I believe that more information can help a physician arrive at an accurate diagnosis, I would request you to give me a slightly more detailed description of the red spots on the under surface of the prepuce.
Asymptomatic red lesions or skin colored lesion may be normal otherwise. They may be just a prominence of glands and are called fordyce spots. These persist and become prominent on and off especially during penile erection.

I would also like to ask you if you have any history of burning urination in the past or the present.
A red meatus may be normal sometimes.
I would suggest that you don’t retract the meatal opening daily. Wait for a few days. I presume it would be normal.
If your problem persists or any new symptoms appear, you may need a basic check up by physician or a dermatologist to rule out Balanoposthitis

I hope your query is answered. Please do accept my reply if you have no more follow up queries.
Wishing you a good health and Happy New` Year.

Dr Rohit Batra.
Follow-up: Red spots on penis 5 days later
I really appreciate you taking your time evaluating my question.

As English is my second language I find it tough describing in details.
The meatus has been noticeably red for a couple months, but I find it lighter red when I don't retract it. But I usually retract daily during shower becuz I had to clean what's under the skin, everyday there are white stuff under skin, and it occurs daily I think it's the dead skin, is this normal? No matter how I try to clean it it still occurs.

I once had to go the doctor becuz until age 13 I have problem with wetting the bed, they gave me medication. And a few months later it was cured. The tip part of my penis is sensitive, and my penis still feel an uncomfortable sensation when fully retract for a long time.

I'm considering circumcision perhaps it would be easier to clean. Do you have any suggestions? How long will it take to cure after circumcision? How long will the circumcision take?

I was worried and never had the chance to visit a dermatologist, having you responding my post makes me feel happy. Thank you please let me know if you have any other questions?
Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 18 hours later

Sorry for the delay in replying.

The meatus is a sensative area and mucosal skin is highly vascular and hence redness might occur on pressing, holding the area etc.

The secretions of the various glands around the glans are seen as flaky deposits which one sees during cleaning and are normal - so no need to worry.

Circumscision will help in cleanliness and such secretions won't collect. The procedure takes around 30 min and full recovery occurs by a weeks time.

Hope you will be satisfied with my answer. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Dr.Rohit Batra