Ask a Urologist   »  

Red spots on penis head that itch, painful when pulled out. Advice medicine?

hi i have red spots on my penis forehead and its itching. when i try to pull my skin from forehead its paining. Could you advice some medicine?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 48 minutes later

I would like to know something more from your side to understand your problem and guide you properly.

Please share some more information with me.

Please let me know.

Since how long they are present?
Have you applied anything on your glans penis? Some use of condom or some cream?
Are you sexually active?
Any problem in passing urine, like burning or increase in frequency?

Please write again with this information.
I will be waiting for your reply.

Follow-up: Red spots on penis head that itch, painful when pulled out. Advice medicine? 15 minutes later

Thanks for reply.

These spots are present since last two days.
I did'nt apply any cream on these spots, I only washed my penis twice with dettol soap.

I am married and had sex 4 days before and I used vaseline which I had used before also and did not had any problem.

I do not hqave any problem in passing urine. Only problem I can not pull my skin from penis forehead that time it pains and red spots are present on penis forehead and looks like skin peeling off and itching.
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 19 minutes later

Thanks for prompt response.

From the details provided it seems that there is some local infection on that part.

When ever there is some local infection in the area it leads to pain in retracting foreskin due to redness and some local swelling.

Please do following:

Please do not use any chemical or soap to wash the area. Just use water.
Do not try to retract the foreskin forcefully.
You can apply some moisturizer to avoid irritation and itching.
Avoid sex till this gets fine. Alternatively you can use condom.
Visit a doctor and get your self examined by your family doctor or a general surgeon.
Without proper examination it is not possible to prescribe any medicine and please do not take also.
In most of the case like mild steroid application and a course of antibiotics for few days is the only thing that is needed. Still do not use any thing without proper physical examination and advice from your doctor.

I hope this helps.

Do write again if you have something more to ask.