Red spots on arms and legs, no pain, not itchy

Red spots on arms and legs :

I have little red pin sized spots on arms and legs. They cause no pain nor do they itch. Some are in small bunches while others are single dots. Should I be concerned? I read that working on high radiation area could cause this and I worked on a nuclear floor of a reactor for 7 years nearly 15 years ago. Thoughts?
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 3 hours later

The symptoms described by you are seen in multiple skin conditions. Physical examination of the affected skin is essential to diagnose the condition.

Nuclear exposures have been feared as they are associated with few skin and other cancers. In case these spots are static, not showing any signs of growth in the future and are not associated with any symptoms, they are very unlikely to cause any problem in future. Yet, the exact diagnosis can be established by a skin biopsy.

I would be able to provide you with more information including the close and likely cause of these lesions if you could send me a couple of good photographs of the affected area by some means.

Hope I have been helpful. I will be looking forward to assist you further upon receiving the photographs from your end.

Dr.Rohit Batra