Red spot in cornea, pain in right side of face, eyelid feels heavy

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have a red spot in the cornea of my eye right eye. I also have pain on the right side of my face. It feels like something is in my eye. My eyelid feels heavy.
Posted Mon, 1 Oct 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
A red spot in the cornea of the eye is likely to be due to a small subconjunctival hemorrhage. It can happen due to an injury, a foreign body in the eye or due to stress. Most of the times this resolves on its own in 4-6 weeks. You can use an antibiotic eye drops to avoid any infection in the eye.
For the foreign body sensation in the eye, a thorough examination of the eye is needed to find out the cause. You should consult an ophthalmologist for the same.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.